Thursday, November 27, 2014

It is Thanksgiving morning. Ms. Kate has lunch in various stages of preparation in the kitchen and the house has been smelling wonderful since last night when the very first of the preparation began. I anticipate a very full tummy before this day is over. All of the usual suspects of turkey and gravy and the sides and desserts will grace the table.

We are fortunate to be having this day with at least part of the family. Julie and Jim are here. I'm going out to pick up my mother, and my sister-in-law Karen s coming over too. Karen is bringing the oyster dressing so she is officially my favorite sister-in-law. She also will be leaving on vacation with us Tuesday when we head out for Las Vegas and southern California to visit with Heather and the kids.

We had a skiff of snow last night; just enough to be aggravating and messy. Jim just arrived from New Albany, about 100 miles from here, and said the roads were clear and not a lot of traffic except for the 18 wheelers. So, hopefully, there won't be a lot of highway deaths this year from people rushing and driving stupid to get to their destination.

I had to refill some of the feeders again this morning. I have a squirrel out there that has been like a yo-yo up and down the tree. It comes down, looks around to see if the pups are out, and then climbs up the pole to the feeder. I wait until it gets good and settled, --- and then scoot the dogs out the door and the chase begins. It is quite amusing. We've played that game for several days now.

I give God thanks again today for a off filled with blessings. I pray your day will be or has been, filled with blessings too. Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment