Monday, November 13, 2023

 Good Monday!!! (Is that a thing we say??) It’s a chilly morning at 38 degrees but the week is predicted to be actually pretty nice. I think the forecaster last night predicted mostly sunshine for the week with temperatures topping out in the mid sixties. That’s not bad at all. I just wish my darn yard crew would give me a call and tell me when they are coming. It is perfect weather for them to be out there. I really thought I had gotten my request in early enough to be early in the schedule before the rain and or snow moved in. 

Speaking of snow; I keep seeing al of these “El Nino” predictions about a terrible winter. I don’t know what to actually believe. As you know, I’m not a fan of any weather that I have to shovel and I keep seeing them hedge around about how much snow we might get but then they finish up their long scientific report with things like; — of course none of this is any kind of a guarantee. Well, duh! Of course you can’t guarantee it. However — leave off the 15 minute history report and give me an educated guess. One of the best weather reports I ever heard was being given by a young Navy Lt to the Admiral. He said “Sir any prediction of weather beyond three days out is strictly being pulled out of the reporter’s rear end!” The Admiral loved it. 

Yesterday was rather long at the churches; two services and a council meeting. Bless their hearts, they aren’t getting any responses to speak of for my replacement so they are constantly having to go to the drawing board and re-think their situation and make new plans. Pastoral search committee duty is extremely tough especially when the parish is small with a matching budget. And, we are a conservative/traditional parish and therefore not in tune with the denomination which has gone very liberal in their beliefs and practices. So, the denomination is in no hurry to find candidates for us and we are having to go outside the denomination to search for candidates. But, I remind them that diligence and patience will be the norm if they are to be successful. The right person is out there. And the answer is not for me to change my mind and just stay on. 

So today, I guess I will just stay home and work on sermons. I hope your day will be a really great one. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment