Friday, November 17, 2023

 With all honesty, I tell you that COVID doesn’t suck any less today than it did yesterday. Somethings  don’t necessarily get better with age. Well, that’s probably not true. I am on my second day of Paxlovid. I think it is maybe working but haven’t had it in my system long enough to really know. For those of you have not “had the pleasure”, a Paxlovid “dose” is three sizable pills that you take at the same time, twice a day. It leaves a metallic taste in your mouth for a while after you take it. But — as I told my daughters this morning, at least I still have the ability to taste which sometimes you lose with COVID. I guess my most common symptoms right now would be that I have a “dripping nose and a cough”. My ribs are sore from coughing and blowing my nose, and either the COVID or the meds are keeping me sleepy and tired. I’m sleeping in my recliner away from Kate because the last time she had it she was hospitalized. Now you are court up on my woes and complaints. 

But else where in the world; we had some rain last night with “some” be a relative word. I think we only had about .02 inches. It hardly got the new mulch wet down. The streets are still showing wet but that is because the sun has yet to come out from the clouds. It’s a good day to be inside. It was 60 degrees this morning at 0615 when I woke up and here at 1100 it is only 62. And the temps are supposed to drop for most of the weekend and next week. 

This “time off” is giving me the opportunity to finish up everything I have to do “work-wise” for the last six weeks of my job. I have one more sermon to write. I had two left but since I can’t preach this Sunday, I’ll use the one I wrote for this Sunday still and then write the last one. Hard to believe that time has actually come. But, I feel this is the plan God has laid out for me and for the parish. Hopefully they will get some one in that loves them as much as Kate and I do.  

That’s it from this Kleenex holder. Have a wonderful weekend. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment