Saturday, November 4, 2023

 What a beautiful Saturday. We’re on our way to 65 degrees and a day of wall-to-wall sunshine. 

I’m sitting at my kitchen table looking at neighbor Dan’s Maple tree. It has so far gone from green to red and now a yellow & brown. The leaves have begun to fall and there is a good layer on the ground around in his yard. They plan on heading out on vacation in another 10 days or so. It will be interesting to see if his tree loses its leaves before they go. He has another Maple in his back yard. I went over a couple of days ago and it is still summer green and has not even started to turn yet. Well, the leaves will all be waiting for him when he gets back. My trees have all lost their leaves and I have them cleaned up pretty well, except in the flower beds. I’m leaving that for the yard crew that is supposed to come next week. 

Yesterday afternoon I went out and pulled up all of my tomato plants. I gathered the last half dozen ripe tomatoes off of them, pulled them up and put away their cages. That’s another thing that I’m going to have the yard crew do; reconfigure those two raised beds. I want them made a little thinner so I can drive my mowers back and forth from front yard to back yard if need be. 

I think I’ll see if Ms. Kate wants to go out for some breakfast and then we’ll go up to Karen’s house and I’ll pick up pecans. I keep wanting to do that but today is such a nice day, It would be a waste not to go today. I think I told you that I’m just going to put them out under my tree for the squirrels. Kate can’t eat nuts any more and I’m not crazy about them but the squirrels will love them. 

So, that’s my story for today. Have a very blessed weekend, Don’t forget to set your clocks back tonight. And don’t neglect spending some time at your house of worship. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment