Saturday, November 11, 2023

 I see it got to be Saturday without any help from me at all. Obviously I'm not the center of even my own universe.  Oh well, welcome to the weekend. 

It has turned cooler again which is just what should be happening. It is almost the middle of November after all. Middle of November?? Did I really say that?? Where did the other ten and a half month go? Of course I've been talking about them, but that thought that it was the middle of November just seemed strange. 

What's on your agenda today? I need to get a haircut today. I suspect the barber shop will be packed. If I go early, maybe I can get in rather quickly. I took Ms. Kate to the beauty shop yesterday and she got her hair looking great for the weekend. Mine isn't "bad" particularly, but it does need to be trimmed over the ears and on the back of my neck. I'm not sure it couldn't go another few days, but I need to look proper for church. Nobody wants to see an unkempt pastor. 

Yesterday I did a pastoral visit with a man that I have only briefly met a time or two. He is the father of a member and has some severe health issues. I'm told that many years ago he was very active in the church. So, when I was asked if I would go see him, of course I said yes. I will go back  to see him again as long as I am still the pastor of the church. He's in a facility that is close to where another of my parishioners is so I can go se them two of them on the same day.  

We were supposed to have our yard crew come this week and that didn't happen. I'm disappointed in that because it has been such a perfect week for them to work. But I guess it has been a good week for them to be other places, but I did make sure I got on their schedule in plenty of time I thought. Maybe they are like so many other places and are having a worker shortage. But that doesn't excuse them from reaching out and letting me know, nor does it make my place look any better. 

I got my Wild Birds Unlimited order yesterday afternoon. There were two heavy boxes sitting in front of the garage door when I got home. This should last me through Christmas at least. That reminds me that I need to bring out the electric bird bath and take in the Hummingbird feeders. Those guys won't be back until mid April. 

That's it for today. It's time to clan up and had to the Barbershop. Have yourself a wonderful weekend. As always, I'll remind you to go to your house of worship. The Lord God has looked after you all week and has filled your life with blessing you don't even know about. "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good."   Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment