Monday, November 27, 2023

 There is a bright sun shining in the sky but it is doing nothing to melt the frost off of the roofs across the street that I can see. It is a chilly 31 degrees again this morning and only going to go up about seven degrees today. But, we don’t have any snow like much of the country does this morning. So I have zero to complain about. Besides, I have no out door plans anyway unless Kate’s doctor’s office calls and wants to see her sometime today. 

Yes, she’s sick again, or maybe she’s still sick. I don’t know anymore. She’s past the COVID but it appears that the Diverticulitis is raising its ugly head once again. It can’t possibly be from anything she has eaten because she continues to be the “two-bite-wonder”. Just yesterday, Karen brought us some wonderful Thanksgiving food. Kate ate a couple of bites of mashed potatoes and gravy and that was it. Said she was full and didn’t want anything more. I’ve been able to get her to eat a half of a bagel in the morning and then she eats a couple of bites of something later in the day; and that’s it. Not even any snacking. It is all very concerning and I really hope we can get to the bottom of it. She still has the lesions or abscesses on her colon so maybe it is time for surgery; I just don’t know. Keep her in your prayers please. 

We are down to five Sundays left in my pastoral career. Yesterday we had really good day at the churches. Had a good crowd at St. Pau’s and then at St. Lucas I had a large crowd. Much of the St. Lucas attendance tough was all family of one set of parishioners. I had ask a member to play the piano as special music yesterday and he brought his whole family. They were using yesterday to celebrate the Thanksgiving get together and they were also celebrate the couples 55th wedding anniversary. And as an added bonus, his granddaughters also sang for us. It was really great. 

This coming Sunday will be the first Sunday of Advent and our St. Paul’s congregation is having a luncheon in honor of our departure. I expect a large crowd for that. With choir performances and children’s programs trough December I guess one could ay that we are closing my ministry with a bang. It has been a fantastic career. 

That’s it for today. Have a wonderful week. It will warm up some tis week. I hope you aren’t in th path of the snow storms. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment