Tuesday, February 7, 2023

 I’m not sure how it got to be 3:15 pm already; but here we are and I’m just now getting down to jottings down a few notes for today. 

It has been a dreary day around here. It isn’t cold, per se, but it is chilly and damp. It has kind of sprinkled on and off all day and the temperature is hovering in the low 50’s. We’re totally cloud covered so that keeps the sunshine warmth out. I guess it is one of those days where just sitting in front of the fireplace with a blanket and a book, and a cup of coffee or maybe even a glass of wine would seem ideal. But — II got no time for that now. 

Ms. Kate had two doctor appointments this morning. They were in the same building and one followed the other pretty well. Because we were at Deaconess Hospital Mid-Town, I generally drop her off and and go try to find a place to park. It isn’t easy to find a place because that facility is always busy. When she is done, she calls me and I pull back around and pick her up. So today, I asked her as we were arriving if she had her phone —- and no she didn’t. I gave her mine and said I would go back home and get hers, which is what I did. It’s only five and a half miles from my front door to the hospital and isn’t a big deal most of the time. On the way back I stopped at Donut Bank and picked up a half dozen “tiger-tails” for later on snacking. I goto back to the hospital and the lot was still was still parked full so I went into the parking garage and had to go all the way to the 5th floor to find a spot. Her appointments took almost two hours, but she eventually called and I went to pick her up. 

When we have morning appointments, I like to go eat somewhere afterwards and today we went to the Cross-Eyed Cricket on the west side of town. If you are from around Evansville and are looking for a place to get a really good “home-style” meal, I highly recommend this place. It had been there forever it seems. Back when we were youngsters, it was called Muhlbauers Restaurant. It was a set up as a cafeteria type of place and the food was “good”, not great, but had a steady clientele of \customers from the Mead Johnson Plant across the street and from workers from other local businesses. Kate used to go over. And pick up lunch there when she was working as a secretary just a couple blocks away. The old folks who ran it eventually passed away or just sold it , I don’t know which, but new folks bought it and it still remained “ok”.  I don’t know when everything changed because we were gone from Evansville for 32 years with the Air Force, but the place has totally changed. They got rid of the cafeteria and are serving standard restaurant sit down order off a menu meals and they are so good. —- That’s my commercial for the day.

We came home, grabbed a quick nap and now I’m headed to the basement and my office and I have to get busy working on my service for the 19th of February and the Ash Wednesday service for the 22nd. February will be over before we know it and I have to get ahead because we are talking a week of vacation in March. 

That’s it for today. We have a lot of rain coming in the next two days so stay dry. Also stay in touch with God. God loves to hear from you. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment