Friday, February 3, 2023

 Friday, February 3rd. It is a bright and shiny morning. But the temperature is 20 degrees and promises not to go up more than five more degrees today. Somehow, that just doesn’t seem fair. I mean, we get a beautiful day with no threat of rain or snow or ice or even particularly heavy winds or breeze, shouldn’t maybe just go one step closer and leet the temperature be maybe 30 degrees warmer?? Yeh, I know, —- then it would probably be stormy. I reckon I’ll just settle for “it looks nice outside” and be grateful. 

Yesterday it was sunny too for most of the day. We had the funeral for my parishioner yesterday and it was still pretty cold out at the cemetery. I don’t think the wind ever quits blowing up there at the church area. It burial time it had gotten up about 32 degrees but the wind made it miserable anyway. Those funeral tents don’t do a lot to help anything, but they are better than nothing. The funeral went well and the family was pleased with the service. I’m glad we were able to finally have it. I hate that it all had to be dragged out due to the weather etc. But, I guess on the other hand, it gave the widower one more chance “to be with his wife”. The funeral was well attended considering that it was at 10:00 am on a weekday. 

I guess I will spend the day doing some writing and try to finish up my service stuff for the 12th of February. I really need to stay busy and get ahead because we do have a vacation coming up and that always rushes me. Then the Sunday after we get back it will be Palm Sunday, then Maundy Thursday, and Easter. So, lots of crunch time coming up in the next couple of month. 

I’m trying to look ahead and maybe do a little planning ahead so than Ms. Kate and I can take a week or two of vacation in September. I would love like to maybe go out to Custer State Park South Dakota again this year for the Annual Buffalo Roundup. It is always the last Friday of September. I have asked my daughter Heather and her hubby John if they might want to join us but I haven’t gotten an answer yet. If we want to really think about it, we need to be looking for lodging now because many place are already full that week. I checked on rooms at the lodges and they are totally booked already. Wish me luck. 

Time to up off and get busy. Have a blessed day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment