Wednesday, February 22, 2023

 Good morning and a blessed Ash Wednesday to you. Assuming my readers are Christian of course, I hope you are planning to attend an Ash Wednesday service sometime today. Kari, the lady that cleans our house every couple of weeks asked to leave early today so she could make it to Mass. Of course I said “yes”. We are doing a combined parish service this evening at 7:00 pm. It is supposed to rain and storm today but I hope it is all gone before we have to be there. We’ll be doing Holy Communion and the Imposition of Ashes. It is a service that I really enjoy. I have my two Confirmation students that will be conducting a majority of the service and helping with communion. 

We found a new pie place yesterday on the west side of Evansville. It is called “Be Happy Pie Company”. Some friends from church told us about it and bragged on their pies. So we searched for it and found it yesterday. I bought a 10” Cherry Crumb pie and we tried it last night. It did not disappoint. They have homemade crusts and it wasn’t filled with cherry pie filling. Really tasty. 

I’ve been busy trying to narrow down a place for us for our vacation. We going to the Texas Hill Country for a few days and I have been searching the VRBO website for a place that will hold five of us. Karen is going with us and Heather and John will will join us there. Last night I found a place and reserved it. From there we are going to San Antonio for a couple of night. Karen has never been there and we want hr to experience a city that we have been to so many times for the Air Force. From there, I have no idea where we will go. I’m taking two full weeks of vacation. We might drive I-10 from San Antonio and go to either New Orleans or Biloxi or both.  New Orleans is only 90 minutes from Biloxi. Two weeks is a long vacation for us. 

Time for me to get busy. Have a great day. May God bring peace to your soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment