Thursday, February 9, 2023

 I am surprised that the wind hasn’t blown Thursday off of the calendar. I guess we are supposed to have high gusts (40-50 mph) all day, and it is blowing in colder weather. The temperature has dropped six degrees already this morning. So we started at 56 this morning and who knows, we could have snow by this evening. It is the typical “if you don’t like the weather, just wait five minutes” scenario. 

Yesterday was another busy day. Early (0800) Ms. Kate had another doctor appointment. She had to have a biopsy done. We will probably not get results until sometime mid-next week. The radiologist suspects cancer but the spot is small if that is what the spot is, and can be removed. But — we won’t borrow trouble and will just wait to see what they results are and of course send up prayers for good results. 

Besides the doctor, I had a meeting with a church member in the afternoon, then I had the bulletins to run for the churches, then I had Confirmation class to teach followed by choir practice at 1830. I was worn out by the time I got home a little after 2000. The fact that it was a blustery-rainy night didn’t help with the drive home either. It was almost like my daily life as a military commander. So, today, I’m going to just take it a bit easy and do some sermon work. The basement is a good place to be. I really enjoy my office and relaxing area down there. I won’t call it a man-cave. But, it is a good office and I have a nice couch and a couple of good chairs, my 65” tv, my Kuerig for coffee, a microwave for popcorn and a fireplace. What else does a fellow need. Oh, and a book case overflowing with just Stephen King novels, and two more bookcases full of my books I used for research for work. Ms. Kate says that if I had a bathroom down there she would never see me. I may need to buy another bookcase and put down there because I have that many books at the church that I need to bring home when I retire this coming December. I don’t know where I will put that. 

Time to quit. Have a great day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment