Thursday, February 23, 2023

 Good morning on this Thursday, the second day of Lent. I hope you had a chance to get your house of worship last night. Does your particular church celebrate the Lenten season? Some don’t, and I was surprised by that. I thought all Christian churches celebrated Lent. I know that not all Christian churches celebrate the “Imposition of Ashes” as part of their services. It was mainly considered a “Catholic thing” when I was a kid. The Catholic kids that rode the school bus would have the cross of ash on their forehead when they got on the bus on the way one from school. I’m not sure when the practice began to catch on with the Protestants. But, it is called Ash Wednesday for a reason isn’t it??

We had a good attendance at our service last evening. I was worried because it was raining fairly hard for an hour before the service and when the service started. But, the church was mostly full. We did altar communion along with the ashes. My two confirmands did a fine job with their part of the service. They served as liturgists and they also helped serve communion. Last night we used the Statement of Faith that they wrote. I think they we’re proud of their work; and they should be. It was well written. 

I think today we are going to take it rather easy here at home. I do have a couple of things that I need to work on for work and I need to go get a key made. We got to the church last night and I didn’t have a key to get in. Our car doesn’t use a key to start it, only a key fob. As long as either one of has a key fob, the car will run. I have the keys to the church on my key fob ring but forgot to bring it and since the car started and ran, I didn’t think an anything about it until we got to the church. Luckily, the president of the council has a key and lives next door; —- and was home. So, she came over and let us in. So, I’m going to take my key and have one made and put it in the side pocket of the car door so I always have a spare. This isn’t the first time I have done this. It’s a fifty mile round trip to go back home and get my key. 

We need to get started on our taxes. I loathe doing taxes. I think I have everything I need to get them done but it makes my stomach queasy to do them because I’m always afraid that I’ll make a mistake and they won’t get accepted or worse yet, they decide to audit me. I’ve never had a problem and we use Turbo Tax which really thorough and pretty much fool proof. But until, I see that “accepted” message, I worry. It usually take five hours for us to do them. 

That’s my story for today. Have a good week. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment