Saturday, February 4, 2023

 Saturday morning! Good on us, we made it through a tough week didn’t we. Cold weather, iced in and couldn’t get anywhere. I find it hard to believe that we still have a lot of that frozen sleet on the ground out there. I would have though that the sun would have melted it yesterday but it’s still there anywhere that is covered with a little shade. I went to Subway yesterday and was surprised at how much ice was still on the pavement one the side of the building that gets very little sun, and there was nothing anywhere else. 

This morning I’m going to have French Toast Casserole for breakfast. Ms. Kate made a couple some time ago and we put one in the freezer. I decided yesterday to get it back out, thaw it out and eat it. It is as good as it was when we put it in there. We have a bad habit of putting stuff in the freezer “for later” and then not talking it out and using it before it gets “freezer old”, if you know what I mean. I hate pulling something out of the freezer and it is all full of frost and ice. So, French Toast Casserole it is. 

I have two jobs on my list today; fill the bird feeders, and refill my pill containers for the next four weeks. I’ll wait for a couple of hours before I fill the feeders until it gets a little closer to 40 degrees. Why’s should I freeze my tail off? Speaking of freezing your tail off, My grandson, Josh and his family live up in Pelham NH and they are just getting all of the crap weather that we had earlier this week. Last night they had -40 degree wind shill with 40 mph gusts. This morning I read on the Weather Channel that Mt. Washington, NH, which is always cold, had -100 degree wind chill and 100 mph winds going on. I can’t imagine being up there. A person couldn’t even think about stepping outside in that. Amazing. Exposed skin would frost bite in about two minutes. And you couldn’t try to walk. He and his family go out there during the summer once in a while and it is still chilly. I think I will pass on that trip.  

Time to open up my pill bottles and start filling them. I’m very lucky; I only take four pills a day. So, I can do my months worth of pills in about ten minutes. Ms. Kate takes I think 14 pills a day and it takes her forever to get her pills lined up. My pill all look distinctively different, so many of hers are almost identical so it is hard for her to know which ones she has or has not put in the container. 

But, they ain’t gonna fill themselves. You have a wonderful day. Don’t skip out on church tomorrow. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment