Tuesday, February 21, 2023

 Good morning! Another week another funeral. This time I was only an attendee and not conducting it. We lost a member of my home church. He was eleven years my senior so I didn’t know him well, but I do know he seldom missed a Sunday; always sat in the same spot. (I wonder why people do that? I do it too.) I have tried unsuccessfully to get people to move forward, especially when the attendance is light, but folks will still hug their back row seats. It’s become humorous by this time. 

After the funeral I went by Walmart Neighborhood Market and picked up a few things that were on the list. I do almost all of the grocery shopping and most often go to this Walmart. By now I know where things are at least supposed to be. I get aggravated when they do a swap around with stuff. If I have something on my list that I can’t find, I always just ask one of the employees that are picking up stuff for on-line shoppers. It works pretty well. I don’t do too bad with the self check-out although I really don’t like to do that. I only had 18 items yesterday so it didn’t take too long. They did have one cashier that would check you out but it had a line of people that really needed help because of wheelchairs etc. 

Today, Ms. Kate has a hair appointment to get her hair cut at 11:30. I drive her everywhere she goes so if I’m going to drive her and sit and wait the half an hour —- she has to buy me breakfast!! There is a price to be paid for the chauffeur. LOL

My job today is to get some writing done. I worked really late last night putting together worship service for the month of March. I need to go ahead and work on my Palm Sunday, Easter Sunrise, and Easter Sunday services too. Then I can concentrate on writing the sermons. With my vacation coming up, as you know it always puts me in a rush mode if I don’t plan ahead. So, better to work a few extra hours and not stress about the work I have to do. After Easter, things will calm way down as far as work is concerned. But we have other issues floating round that are going to be requiring some of our time. More about that some other time. 

This morning the “811” Call before you dig fellow was here. I’m having a section of my fence replaced and a new gate put in so I can drive my John Deere to and from the back yard. I knew it was supposed to be done soon so I reckon the contractor is getting ready to do the job. I’ll be glad to have that done because I’ve needed to do it for several years. 

Time to clean up and put my chauffeur uniform on. Have a great day. May God bring peace to your heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment