Wednesday, June 1, 2022

 June 1st, 2022; last day of what is called meteorological Spring. So I reckon that means that tomorrow is the first day of meteorological summer. The actual first day of summer will be along in about 20 days. Now how’s that for boring facts first thing in the morning. 

I made breakfast this morning; eggs, sausage and pancakes. I don’t do that very often but I was sitting at the table about to start on my blog when I spotted the bag of Krusteze pancake mix sitting there on the shelf. I really like their pancake mix. It always turns out well. I’ve been using it for years and my grandkids all grew up eating “Papacakes” and looking forward to having them. When we got together for our last family reunion, they were all there and I put them all to work and we made a huge batch of “Papacakes” and waffles. It brought back a lot of fun memories from years past. When I first started doing that I would take my spoon and fill it with mix and then kind of “drizzle it” over the pan leaving little droplets of batter. They would of course cook quickly and I would gather them up and the kids would have “dots” to eat. Then they would tell us that they had 100 pancakes for breakfast. Those are precious moments that will last a lifetime.

Yesterday Ms. Kate and I went out and got all of the weeds out of the garden. Working together it didn’t take too long. I would hoe the stuff up and she would gather it together and put it in the trash can. My garden looks loved again. We are expecting rain sometime today and maybe in to tomorrow so I wanted to get the work done before the ground got muddy again. Then I did a little tree pruning on my Pussy Willow  tree. 

I wanted to go do visitation today before the rain but I’m waiting on a call from a contractor today. Did I tell you that I have a roof leak? I hate that because they are almost impossible to find. We didn’t know it until it showed up on our master bedroom ceiling. I had called our usual contractor three times and he still hasn’t gotten back with me so, I called another guy company that is well recognized and recommended yesterday morning and they got back with me yesterday afternoon to set up an appointment. He has three other appointments today but said he will call me as soon as he finishes the last job. OIIf course if it is raining or storming,, he doesn’t want to be on a roof, but he will call me either way. So, I’m staying home today and will spend the day working on my June 12th sermon. 

Speaking of that,. I might as well get out of my lounging clothes and into my jeans and get my day started. Have a blessed day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment