Friday, June 10, 2022

 I think I can hear it raining but I’m not sure. It it is, it is only a light sprinkle. I don’t see anything on the sidewalk. But, if I stare through the air I can barely se it coming down, and I can hear the faint sound of rain drops on the roof of the sun porch. My Accuweather app shows it to be raining right now and to continue for another hour. If it is no heavier than this, it will barely wet the garden. 

We did do our running around that we planned yesterday plus made a stop at the funeral home for visitation. Kate had a cousin that passed away. There was hardly anyone there that we knew and he had already been cremated. We knew very little about him or his family. They didn’t get together much and from what I can tell, there was a lot of drama between the family members. But we stopped by and paid our respects to his wife. 

We still have not heard from Kate’s doctor reference her echocardiogram test that she took two days ago. I’m assuming that means that either everything is okay or the doctor has not seen it yet. But it gets frustrating waiting to hear results. Actually the test was ordered by the PA and I don’t know that the results didn’t go to her and I don’t know if she works at the doctor’s office every day. But, I would have thought that the results would have been put on her My Chart account by now. I reckon it is time for a call to the doctor’s office. 

We’re heading out of town this afternoon. We’re headed to Springfield for a party that is tomorrow. Certainly we could have made the drive up and back in one day but who wants to do a 10 hour drive and attend a party for an hour all in one day, —- not this couple of old farts. We’ll break the trip up and take our time. The route is all “back-roads” and two lane roads anyway. We could go interstate but the distance is a little farther. These days with the high gas prices we’ll take the shorter but slower route. Thank goodness I have a car that gets 52 mpg. A friend of mine just took a trip pulling his camper and was getting less than 10 mpg. I can’t imagine that. Another friend just went to California to se his son’s family and said the gas is $6.00 a gallon and that they gas station owners are having to re-fit their pumps to handle four digit gas prices. It’s pathetic what is happening to not only our American economy but the global economy. You cannot convince me that all of this isn’t a plan by some very, very wealthy people foro economic dominance. This country was energy independent before the current political administration assumed the presidency and immediately shut down our American pipeline “in the interest of ecology”, and now we are buying foreign oil and that has effected everything globally. But —- I’m not going to start a political rant here. I just will pray that cooler heads may prevail and that our election process will make a difference in all of this come November election. 

I think it is time to have a bowl of cereal and get on with my day. I pray you will have a wonderful weekend. Stay in touch with God. Peace. 










No comments:

Post a Comment