Monday, June 20, 2022

 What a great last few days. The weather has ben perfect, we’e gotten lots done, andwe’ve had wonderful family time. As I told you, our daughter heather did come home for just one night. But it was a wonderful visit and we had time for good conversation. She came Thursday morning and we sat around and visited and then on Thursday evening we went out to eat at the Log Inn and invited Karen along. Karen is Heather’s Godmother. Friday at noon, Heather headed back to Louisville to catch an evening flight back to California. She made it just fine which is great The airlines got totally screwed up this weekend what with bad weather and all kinds of problems. So we are thankful she didn’t run in to that. 

Friday evening Julie came over. She came alone, sans pups and husband. Jim stayed home to do his yard work so he kept the pups with him. We had a wonderful visit with Julie. We spent Saturday visiting and then yesterday morning we all went to church. Came home and had a great Father’s Day meal, took a nap, and then she headed back home. 

My Father’s Day was perfect. Not only did I get to visit in person with two of my girls but Ms. Kate baked  a lemon angel food cake for me and fixed seafood pasta for me for lunch yesterday. I do love my some pasta, especially seafood pasta. You know, it’s a wonder I don’t weigh a lot more than I do. Ms. Kate is the best cook I know. 

Yesterday we had an infant baptism at church. I always tell folks that infant baptisms are my favorite part of being a pastor. It just seems so very special. I love doing them because I get to be part of the priests of parents bringing their children for dedication to God. It’s a special privilege to me. 

Today I’m going to go go do visitation of my parishioners. I have three different facilities in three different cities to go to, so it will take up much of the day. Visitation becomes a “timing issue” as much as anything. Sometimes they are in therapy, or having lunch, or napping so I always need to watch when I can go. But, today it is supposed not get too hot and no rain, so it is a good day to go. 

Having said that, I need to hit the shower and get the day started. Have a blessed week. Peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment