Tuesday, June 21, 2022

 June 21st; — the first day of Summer and it is going to be a hot one. Going to 95 again today, and the humidity is going back up again. No fun at all in that department. 

Yesterday I did my parishioner visitations; three different health-care facilities in three different towns. Thank goodness I have a Prius Hybrid that gets 53mpg. Gas yesterday was $4.89 per gallon where I went. That’s a little cheaper than many other places that I have seen. But, we are being held hostage with the prices of everything and those in charge of our country couldn’t care less. They just get in their limousines and private jests and do whatever brings them the most profit. (Yes, I’m in a snarky mood today) I’m not a politician and wouldn’t want to be but in my life time, I have never seen a more inept president or cabinet than we have now running this country. His only concern is to make sure that a minority person of every race, color, creed, and sexual orientation is recognized in society. His VP isn’t any better because she was chosen simply because she is “black” and female. Any time she is asked a policy question, all she does is laugh. It’s a sad time for America. But then, the guy who ran against him, and who was our president is an egomaniac who can’t comprehend that he actually lost the election. So, who knows what is going to happen; all I can do is trust that God is still in control, do my part as a good citizen, and love my neighbor. 

Today we are going to a funeral for one of Ms. Kate’s cousins. It was unexpected because we went to the “wake” last week and he had already been cremated and nothing was said at the time about a funeral and then suddenly yesterday afternoon we get notification that the funeral is going to be today at 1:30. Okay, we do what we do and will go. 

I got a text last night about 10;00 pm from my sister-in-law that she was at the ER and was waiting to be released. She had tripped over a stepping stone and fell and hit her head on another one. She got seen stitches in her head. After the funeral today, we’ll venture on up to her house and check on her. She is only a month younger than me. Dang old people!!! I'm betting she has a bad headache today. She was supposed to go to the funeral today too but said she wasn’t going. She’s very lucky that she didn’t do something worse. She’s a widow and lives alone. The range of things that could have happen is extensive. Obviously God was watching over her. 

Time to get busy for today. I want to get some writing done before we head out of the house today. Have yourself a blessed day. Stay indoors if you can. There is an ozone alreaady for all of us with breathing problems. Peace. 










No comments:

Post a Comment