Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Have you melted down into your shoes yet? Can you believe this heat and humidity? It is horrible. I feel so very, very sorry for all of the people that have to work outside in this. I know life must go on and we can’t just not go do our jobs, but it is dangerously hot out there. And —- I actually saw one of my neighbors out there jogging it the 99 degree heat yesterday. It made no sense to me. 

But, Ms. Kate and I are going to go out and challenge it too. But, we’re just going to the grocery store. So, in the car, park and walk in the store, and then we’re back in the A/C. That’s not too bad. We have put off going for two days now but we are up against a time line now to purchase some things that we need. We did go out yesterday for a bit. I had to do some banking and we went to Target so we could pick up a new hand vacuum. Our old one just was picking up stuff any more. I guess like anything, they wear out after a while. Anyway, we picked up a “Shark” handheld and it is very light and easy to handle. Let’s hope it lasts for awhile. We have one of those really heavy vacuums (I think it is a Kirby), but that thing weighs a tone. I remember we paid a fortune for the dang thing. (Got caught up in the “sales hype and wonderful deal”.) It’s awkward, hard to move around stuff, is corded and just a pain in the rump to use. So, it sits in its closet, taking up space. It’s too heavy for Kate to manage so I’ll get it out once in awhile and use it. 

After we do our grocery shopping this morning, I think I will go do some pastoral visitation to a couple of fellows over on the east side of town. It had been a week and a half since I’ve seen them. I’ve considered waiting until next Monday but the forecast says that our heat will be returning again next Monday after a somewhat pleasant weekend. I can’t go tomorrow because we have company coming tomorrow and more company coming on Friday. It’s Father’s Day weekend, and Julie will be coming for the weekend, but Heather is coming for an overnight tomorrow. She in a conference in Louisville this week and it ends on the morning, so she is going to drive over here for the night and then fly back home on Friday. It’s way too short of a visit but we will take what we can get. She hasn’t been to our house in years. Then, on July 1st, Lisa and family are driving up from North Carolina and spending a couple of days with us. How wonderful is that??? I get to see all three of my girls within the next two weeks. 

Ms. Kate is ready to go so I’m out of here. Stay safe, stay cool my friends. Peace. 















No comments:

Post a Comment