Thursday, June 9, 2022

 Yes, the week is over half gone and I’ve let two days escape without a word. I make no apologies, I did tell you this was gong to be a busy week, and it has been. So, I have very little news or much excitement to think or talk about. Just “grindstone material. 

Yesterday Ms. Kate had to go for her echocardiogram at Deaconess Mid-Town. We had to be there at 0940 although I don’t know why. Her cardiologist didn’t start the procedure until about 1100. But I guess it takes awhile to get everything set up before he gets ready. She said that when we got her there her blood pressure was high, (understandable) so they had to wait to bring that back down. Then they had to inject her with whatever the medicine they give you to make your velodrome pressure rise. Sounds kind of silly doesn’t it ? That medicine makes your heart race and it makes Kate a little woozy. But, they got it all done and we were out of there by noon. We stopped at McDonalds and picked up something to eat. Kate is the absolute queen of the drive-thru. If we are out and want to grab something to eat, she always want something from a drive-thru. I don’t like drive thru pick up and prefer to go inside for my dining. It isn’t that she even likes drive-thru food, she just doesn’t want to be bothered going in some place. “My hair is a mess.” “I’m not dressed to go in.”  “I don’t have any make-up on.” “I just want to pick up something and eat it at home.” Yeh, —- that’s the reasons I hear. So, we go through McDonald’s, or Taco Hell, or Wendy’s usually and take it home. Although, I admit that when we go to the churches to run bulletins, we sometimes stop and grab some drive-thru and then go sit in the car under a shade tree at the church and enjoy looking at the fields and having our picnic. We’ve done that for years, even before I retired. When I was in the Air Force, sometimes she would fix a picnic lunch and we’d go to the local park on the base and have lunch. 

Tomorrow we are going to head out for an over-night trip up to Springfield, IL. Saturday is the graduation party for a young nephew and he is getting ready to head out for Army basic training. We’ll stop in Effingham, IL tomorrow night and then head out on Saturday. We’ll stay at the party for about an hour and head back home because I have Sunday services to do. 

Todaay though, is a relaxing day and a run around day to do a little shopping. Ms. Kate wants to go to a specific store to get a specific nail polish remover. (Could have just gone to Dollar General, but I guess not.) We need to go to the bank and pick up some cash and we need to go look for a graduation gift. So, I don’t know how much running around we will do or how long we will be out and about. But — I want to take advantage of a beautiful weather day and mow my yard. It should be dry enough from the rains by then. 

That’s it. I’m all caught up. Maybe I’ll get time tomorrow morning to jot a note. If not, I’ll see you Monday. Have a blessed weekend. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment