Monday, May 23, 2022

 And the Mondays just keep on coming, don’t they? It seems like we have one almost every week. 

So how was your weekend? Mine was busy of course as it always is. But, after all of the things I had on y schedule last week, I look at my calendar this week and I see nothing written down. So maybe I’ll get a chance to get out and do some much needed yard work if it stops with the showers and storms etc. The weather has been so very weird. Some local places are getting real storms and other places hardly get anything. We had a lot of tree branches broken off up at St. Paul’s church and the neighboring yard and yet we had noting to speak of at St. Lucas which is basically across the field. Some of the wheat fields have big areas where the wind laid the stalks to the ground and then area s where it wasn’t touched. Here at home, we’ve not had enough rain to even level off the bird baths while other people get deluged. It is really weird. This morning it is currently 57 degrees with a brisk wind making it feel like 53, and not a bit of sunshine peeking through the clouds. 

Ms. Kate and I had to call our heating and air conditioning folks late last week because the house wasn’t cooling off at all. The fellow showed up and fixed a couple of wires on the unit compressor (at no charge) and it is working fine now. However, that is only a bandage to get us through. He needs to come back and do something with the compressor, (maybe replace it, I don’t know). I think thee unit is about 12 years old and has been a good one. Hopefully we won’t have to buy a new a/c. Those are never cheap. But, we’ll go with the flow. If it wasn’t a good company, I might be a little concerned that they were just scamming us to sell a new unit but we’ve had these guys for 20 years now and they are a very reputable company. 

Today Ms. Kate and I want to go looking for a present for Julie for her college graduation. We have something in mind and now we need to try to find it. And, —- while we are out, we need to do some grocery shopping. We haven’t done any grocery shopping for probably more than two weeks. Other than a couple of essentials, we haven’t gotten groceries since we returned from our vacation. So the level of stuff to just grab and fix is getting pretty low. But, between Ms.Kate not feeling well and me being busy as heck, we just haven’t taken time to shop or actually to eat much other than pick something up at fast food. That’s not very healthy. 

Soup, having said all of that, I reckon it is time to get ready and go shopping. Then by the time we get don, maybe the weather will be  little sunnier and I’ll feel like being out side. 

I hope you have a blessed week. Peace. 







No comments:

Post a Comment