Saturday, May 21, 2022

 Good morning and welcome to Saturday. This has been an activities stuffed week and I thought it was almost over but I just got a text that another parishioner is on the way to the ER because of a fall. I don’t know anymore than that. He lives in a nursing home and has had at least one fall a week it seems but this is the first time they have transported him. His daughter is there with him and she is a nurse so she can get a better version of the story than us civilians. 

Yesterday was one of those days where as a pastor,  you get to get to witness all of the spectrum of emotions that people have. I had a funeral first thing yesterday morning  and of course witnessed the grief that accompanied that. Then yesterday afternoon I had a wedding rehearsal for a wedding that I’m doing this afternoon. That had all of the emotions of nervousness, giddiness, tears, happiness. And now this morning, I just got a text that one of my senior parishioners fell and was taken to the ER. This is a week that just keeps on giving. 

Thursday night the area had a lot of hit and miss strong thunderstorms and even tornadoes in the area. What was amazing is that here at my house, we had some thunder and some rain, but not much. At. ,y St. Paul’s church the trees in the house next door really got torn up and rage parking lot was full of limbs. But  another parishioner lives just east of there and never heard a thing about any of it. I think we are looking at a similar scenario again today.  Hopefully it dies down some and I pray mo one gets hurt. There were lives lost over in Illinois Thursday night. 

That’s all I have for you today. I need to get on the phone and see what I can find out about my fellow at the ER. Hey, —- tomorrow is Rural Life Sunday. Give God thanks for all of our farmers and their families that keep the rest of us fed. Pray that the crops they just are planting produce a good harvest this fall. And —- today is Armed Forces Day. Pray for out military personnel in uniform and pray for their families who also sacrifice so much. 

Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment