Thursday, September 16, 2021

 Good Thursday morning to you. It has been a funky foggy morning. When I first came out this morning I looked at the fog and I couldn’t really determine if it was fog or dust in the air or both. As dry as it is dust is a very real possibility. I went out and mowed my backyard yesterday and I have a very poor grade of grass back there because of all of the shade. I raised a dust cloud that traveled the neighborhood for at least two yards. It was terrible. The leaves are already starting to fall more and more each day and I’m sure it is because the weather is so dry. Our Accuweather indicates we aare going to get a shower here around noon today and I really hope that is true. 

We’ve been in the flowerbeds again for the past couple of days. I’m stiff and sore from bending over, It is tome to get the peonies cut off and the iris. I spent a good part of two days just pulling up those danged black-eyed-Susans. The trash guy took away seven bags of residue this \morning. He’ll get at least that again next week, maybe more. 

On July 31st, I ordered a Worx String Trimmer from Amazon and I’m still waiting on it. I keep getting notices that they are having a shipping problem and that I won’t be charged until they ship it. I’m given the option to approve the delay or cancel the order. So far I have approved the order because it is a really great string trimmer. It’s battery driven, comes with two battery packs and charger, and is very light weight. Karen has one and loves hers. Well, yesterday I went on line and saw that Lowes said they had it in stock. So, I drove out to Lowes and of course they didn’t have any at the store. But, I found a clerk and he said they would order it and have it shipped to my house for free. I told him my Amazon tale and he said he had just ordered one for himself and had gotten it right away. So, I ordered it and paid for it and am hoping he was being truthful and I get it by next week. If I get it right away, I will try to cancel the one from Amazon that allegedly isn’t coming until mid October now. If for some reason I can’t cancel it, I guess I will have two, Anything is better than the worn-out thing that I am currently using. The battery on that hardly takes a charge anymore. I have a gas powered one but I can not get it to start. I pulled and pulled on it yesterday and finally gave up. It don’t even try to start. 

I have birds to feed and birdbaths to clean so I guess I better go out side and do some stuff. I’m debating whether to go run my Sunday bulletins today or wait until Saturday. I also need to go to the grocery store and pick up some stuff if Ms. Kate has a list for me yet. 

Busy day time. Have a blessed rest of your week. Peace. 











No comments:

Post a Comment