Tuesday, September 14, 2021

 A good early morning to you on this 14th day of September. I didn’t realize it had been so many days since I sat down and wrote. In my defense we have been bust doing “stuff” and by the time I get to my recliner or in the mood to jot something down, I either forget to or I’m worn out. 

II have to tell you though about our Saturday morning. Saturday was “Build a Bike” day at our St. Lucas church. I’ve told you that we had committed to buying, building, and giving away 100 bicycles to the Isaiah 117 Project which works to help Foster Care children. Generally when you have a project day, “some people, generally not a lot” show up and \you work until the job is done. Ms. Kate and I got there a half hour late and the parking lot was full of cars and people were working on bikes out on the grass and the place was a buzz of activity. We had over fifty people show up to help with this project. All told, we put together 89 bicycles. The Isaiah 117 folks actually had run out of bicycles and had to make a run to Walmart to pick up all they had. They will assemble the other eleven of our as soon as they get them. Ms. Kate and I were given the job of airing up tires on all of them. She took the valve-stem caps off, I aired them up, and she put the caps back on. Then we had a couple of the young girls push them over to the garage. We had scheduled the project to go from 0900 until we finished. We were done and eating pizza by 1100 hrs. What a blessed day that was. This coming Saturday we are scheduled to give away the bikes to the kids that have requested them. That too will be a joyous time. There is just nothing better than “Working for the Lord.” I am so honored to be able to pastor these two churches.

I’ve been tackling my flower beds finally. It has been hot sweaty work but at least two of them are starting to get under control. I’ve spent several hours pulling black-eyed Susa down and trimming iris back and chopping out saplings. There is so much more to do. I could literally take a week and do nothing but flower beds and I might get finished. It’s this way every spring and fall. And I have a yard surrounded by huge tulip poplar and maple trees just waiting for the leaves to fall off. I maybe should have stayed retired so I could get my work done. LOL

Today, before I get back in the flowerbeds I need to go get my hair cut and pick up a few things at the store. It’s going to get to about 95 today so I may wait until evening when the shade is long to go back out there and work. I’ve writing to do during the heat of the day. 

I hope this week brings you nothing but good things.Peace. 













No comments:

Post a Comment