Tuesday, September 21, 2021

 Good morning on a rainy Tuesday morning. I was outside a few minutes ago and it wasn’t raining but has started to sprinkle now and is supposed to rain for about 45 minutes to some degree. But the temperature was wonderful. We’re supposed to have rain again tomorrow and then the cold front is through and fall weather begins with morning temperature in the upper 40’s. The seasons just roll on don’t they?

I’m in the kitchen this morning while the appliance installers take out my old dishwasher and install the new one. They are having a heck of a time getting the old one out because the floor has been raised a bit when we had the new floor tile installed several years ago. But that’s why you hire stuff put in and don’t try to do it yourself. First of all, I wouldn’t know what to do and secondly, I’d probably make 83 trips to the hardware store for stuff. But, they are definitely earning their pay for this job. 

After they do get this one changed out they are supposed to do some measuring for for another couple of appliances that we are going to replace. We have a set of couple oven that were put in place when the house was built back in 1977. Neither one of the oven registers a true temperature nor has the “self cleaning” mechanism worked since we bought the house. We found a good Kitchen Aid replacement model but we need to make sure they will fit in the space we have. The same thing goes for the refrigerator. 

I guess since it is raining today I will spend most of my day downstairs in my office. I have enough writing to do to keep me busy all week and then some. We have new mission projects coming up at the churches and we have new members joining in about three weeks. I also have a wedding coming up fairly soon that I have to write the homily for. So, there is plenty of work to do on a rainy day as soon as these folks get out of my kitchen. 

My Backyard Buffet guests are all hiding this morning and sheltering out of the rain. I don’t blame them. What started as a sprinkle a few minutes ago has turned into a downpour. Neighbor Dan was sitting out on his front porch this morning but I see the angle of the rain has run him in the house. He sits out there every morning and talks on the phone constantly. He tells me it is his brothers calling him but I think he is as chatty as they are for sure. I couldn’t talk to anyone on the phone that long. Although, I spend time like that on Facebook Messenger talking to either him, or Art or my girls. I guess I’m a chatter box too just via a different method. LOL

I see the rain has backed off to a drizzle again. That’s good because they are bringing in the new appliance. I done here for today. I hope your day is great. Peace. 










No comments:

Post a Comment