Wednesday, September 22, 2021

 A rainy Tuesday morning has turned into a rainy Wednesday morning and will continue for most of the day. But tomorrow starts a period of great weather, or so they predict. The Autumn Equinox arrived at 1430 yesterday afternoon and brought all of the indications of fall with it. The wind is whooping out there right now and it is 59 degrees. It’s a great time to be in the house I think. 

What’s on your plate today? Normally I would head up to the churches today and run the bulletins but I think I will wait until tomorrow when the weather will be nicer. So for today, I will go downstairs and write. I did some yesterday but not nearly enough. I’m still working on my October 3rd message; actually I’ve barely started beyond finding the correct scriptures and topic. OI have the worship service prepared but that is generally the easy part. 

I got a call yesterday afternoon requesting a visit from a family, so I hopped in the truck and went to see them. I spent two and a half hours with them. I’ll be putting them on my weekly visit list for a while. The man is terminal. I really hate to see that. They are great people and staunch supporters of the church. In fact their historical family are some of the founding patron of the church. But, God will walk with the family through this tragedy and in the end, we all must pass through the veil between earthly life and eternity.

I got an email from the South Dakota Tourism folks yesterday telling me that this year’s Buffalo Roundup is going to be telecast virtually. Ms. Kate and I went to this a couple of years ago and it is on my bucket list to go again because it was so exciting. I’m so glad to see that it will be available on my screen this year. I suspect that a lot of it is going to be covered by drone footage so it will be like actually being on the drive. Although, when we went to watch it in person, They ran right in front of us. They will be rounding up 1500-2000 bison. The thunder of the hooves is enough to make he ground rumble and give you goosebumps. 

Time to pop my bagel in the toaster. I love having my bagel and Creme cheese for breakfast, unless of course I’m going to go full on with the everything breakfast. 

Try to stay warm and dry today. Peace my friends. 











No comments:

Post a Comment