Monday, September 20, 2021

 A blessed Monday morning to you and a blessed beginning of a brand new week. I pray your weekend was a fabulous one. Mine certainly was.  Saturday morning we went to the church to distribute the bicycles that we had assembled the week before. It was very rewarding watching the kids come get their brand new bicycles with their foster parents. There was one little girl in particular, maybe three years old, cutest little face that was just so proud of her new bike. She got on it as soon as I handed it to her and just kept telling me “This is my bicycle”. I think she would have ridden it home if she could. But that little smile made all of the work we did absolutely with every bit of effort. 

Yesterday was the actual celebration of our 100th anniversary for St. Lucas. It was an absolute success. I think we had a little over 150 people there. The service went very well, Brenda’s music was beautiful, the food was excellent, and the people stayed and stayed and talked and visited with folks that had not been back to the church for several years. The Isaiah 117 folks were extremely happy with our donation of over $15,000.00 toward their program. It was a great day, — working for the Lord! I try to envision what the parish will look like in another 100 years and I can’t even begin to put my head around it. 

But — I have reminded the parish that was yesterday and God has opportunities for us to serve every day so we are already working on new mission projects from each church. St. Lucas is going to be doing “The 12 Sunday’s of Christmas” Beginning October 3rd we will assign an item to be brought to the church to take to a local food bank. Christmas and Thanksgiving are both coming up and the need will be plenty as it always is. I don’t know what St. Paul’s will do yet. But you can bet they will have a project going to help the community. 

That’s it for the beginning of my week. We’re looking at rain for the first three days of the week so outdoor stuff goes on hold and I can put my fingers to the keyboard of my computer and maybe even put my finger to the keyboard of the piano. Have a blessed week my friends. Peace. 




No comments:

Post a Comment