Tuesday, September 7, 2021

 Good morning on this beautiful Tuesday morning. It is a 68 degree, blue sky morning and the Backyard Buffet guests are wondering where the food is because I didn’t fill anything yesterday. I’m probably in trouble with them. 

I had a good day yesterday. I went to do nursing home visitation. I went to see a lady and her husband and took along the lady’s brother. At 90, She is the oldest member of the parish. Her husband is only a year younger and her brother is a year younger than that. It was great listening to them as they did their “remember when’s”. It is really fortunate that she and her husband can be in the same facility and they have rooms right across from each other and spend every day together. 

I’m not sure what we are putting on the “to-do” list today. There are so many thing that need doing and it seems we always run out of steam before we run out of work. But I guess that is normal for most people. Fall weather is coming and it is time to start cleaning out flower beds that I have neglected all year.. I can honestly say that my flower beds look the worst this year than they have ever looked. It is just beginning to be too much for me to handle and I don’t know where to cut back. But I can’t imagine us having a yard without it being full of flowers. Ms. Kate says that we need to split our lilies again because they are too dense. I guess we will give them to Julie or maybe someone else that wants to plant flowers. \Although it is hard to find people that want to do that sometimes. Flower beds take a lot of work. 

I went out to Creeks Melon patch yesterday and bought a huge watermelon. That thing must weigh at least  15 pounds. But, I’m going to cut into it in a few minutes and hope it is a good one. I generally do a good job of picking out a watermelon but sometime I get skunked. The first one I bought this year was so weird. I opened it up and it was all withered inside and the water just poured out of it. I’ve never seen anything like that in my life. But that was from Walmart or some place like that/ Going to the melon stands generally provides for a better choice. There were no cantaloupes out there yesterday nor did I see any out in the fields. I guess their season is over. Watermelon season is about done too. Now it is pumpkin season and apple season. I haven’t checked but I bet the peaches are all gone too and I only had one cobbler this year. But there is still hope for pies because apples are starting to come along. 

Well, that’s enough for today because that watermelon is calling my name. Have a blessed day. Remember , “This is a day that The Lord has made. Rejoice and be glad in it.”  Peace. 










No comments:

Post a Comment