Friday, September 17, 2021

 Happy Friday morning. Are you having a TGIF or a “meh, it’s Friday” type of day. I think I’m going to have the latter. There is nothing in particular on my plate today, although I certainly have plenty to do. I never run out of flower beds to work on or stuff that I need to write. But either of those takes motivation and I’m not motivated beyond my recliner this morning as I sit and watch the birds and listen to the birdsong on this comfortable 66 degree morning. 

This is the big weekend! This is the 100th anniversary weekend that we have been working toward at my St. Lucas church. This evening I’ll go up and help set up tents, then tomorrow morning I’ll go help distribute the bicycles that we built last weekend. One of the two days we will print the bulletins for Sunday. I think I may run 100 just to keep the theme going. It would be great to have 100 people show up for this event. It appears that God is going to bless us with wonderful weather for this event. All I really have to do is play host and serve a liturgist for our guest speaker/pastor. I’ve asked the Reverend Dr. Stephanie Weiner to come speak the message during the worship service. Stephanie is “good people”. She’s one of the clergy in our Association that I really trust and can talk to. She’s non-pretentious which is hard to find these days. 

We did “on-line” grocery shopping yesterday through Meijer’s. Kate did all of the “shopping” and setting everything up. Then we just drove up, they put the groceries in the car and away we went. It is so very simple to do that. Speaking of which, I should maybe pop a bagel in the toaster and then put some Creme-cheese on it for my breakfast. We also went to Wild Birds Unlimited yesterday. I bought a new feeder a couple of weeks agar and just could not get it to work. So I took it back to the store and told them that I couldn’t get it to work and could they show me what I was doing wrong. It turned out that I was simply using the wrong kind of bird food in it. The lady showed me what to use and it worked just fine. Fortunately I have a large bag of that food so it was easy-peasy. I brought it home and hung it back up and it is almost empty this morning. I knew it looked like it would be a favorite. By the end of next week I bet I’ll have to place another on-line order through them. At least they do free delivery when you order over $75.00 worth and I always easily do over that much. I also need to get to Pet Supply today and buy some black-oil sunflower seed. I could get it at WBU but it is a lot more expensive. 

My son-in-law Jim, bowled his first perfect 300 game last night. They caught the final roll on camera and posted it. He’s always been a good bowler but that 300 has eluded him forever until last night. I asked hime this morning if his feet had touched earth yet this morning. He said “no”. If he never does another one, he’s done it once. I’ve never come close to that and have seldom ever bowled over 200. So congratulations to him. He’s gonna have a great day today. 

That’s it for me this morning. This is a weekend. Enjoy it, celebrate it, relax in it but don’t forget to give time to God and give thanks and praise for your week of blessings. 

Peace. 










No comments:

Post a Comment