Friday, September 24, 2021

 Good morning on a very chilly Friday morning. It’s 46 degrees this morning. Although I was outside a few minutes ago and it didn’t feel all that bad. At least where the sun was shining. I thought I might do some yard work this morning but the grass and everything is really wet. I mowed my yard yesterday afternoon but I was going to get to work in the flowerbeds this morning. I’ve known that my front flowerbeds were out of control with work to be don, but, —- I had no idea had bad they really were. Yesterday I got out my new string trimmer and was going to trim along in front of those beds. I guess I just had not looked at them as I mowed time and again. They are so over grown that it is going to take me at least a week, maybe two to get them cut back and cleaned up. I need to get some good lawn and leaf bags to put the refuse in. Sam’s Club used to carry them but I don’t see them advertised now. However Ms. Kate is going on line this morning and see if they have them and if they do, we’ll do a phone in order. If they don’t have them, I know that Lowes does have them advertised. I have plastic bags but that doesn’t help the landfills at all. At any rate, I’m going to let the due dry for a bit. 

At 1030 this morning I’m going to be on my computer watching the 56th annual Buffalo Roundup in Custer State Park. That is such an exciting event and the one time that we got to see it in person was so very exciting to me. The fact that they are going to televise it this morning is super. 

I went to the church yesterday and ran a the bulletin for this coming Sunday It went fairly well. The copier didn’t give me any trouble. Sometime it sounds like it is on its last leg. I’ve told the council that it needs to be cleaned and tuned. It’s not an expensive machine but it has sure held up well. A couple of the parishioners bought it for the church back in the 2004/2005 time frame. Generally if you get a copier to last five yers, you are doing good. This thing has been in use now for at least 15 years. But, I doubt they can afford a new one so we’ll do what farmers always do, fix it until it can’t be fixed. Besides, I know where to knock on this one when it gives me trouble. LOL

That’s about it for this morning. It is almost time to watch the cowboys and cowgirls round up Bison. I really hope the feed is good and the production goes well. 

It’s the weekend. I hope your week has gone well. Whether it has or not, stop what you are doing and give God thanks for the good days and ask for strength during the bad. Peace. 










No comments:

Post a Comment