Tuesday, September 28, 2021

 I think I feel like I just woke up from a coma or something. It is wonderful to feel good again. Last Saturday as you know I spent a good deal of time outside working in my front flower bed, the one up next to the house on the left side. (I have way to many flowerbeds.) I got it under control but by the end of the day, I could hardly move because I was so danged tired. I should preface this by saying that Ms. Kate has been “not feeling well, and extremely tired for well over a week.” Sunday morning we got up to go to church and she wasn’t feeling any better and I was feeling just totally wiped out and it took me forever to concentrate on doing anything. Just getting dressed required concentration. I took a couple of Tylenol hoping I would get to feeling better. I offered Ms. Kate the chance to skip church because she wasn’t feeling a whole lot better either, and she reluctantly took it. But, I had to leave for the church NLT 0800 and it was coming up on that. It was too late to cancel church service so I went on up and did my service. I avoided being close to anyone at all. I explained what was going on, I did the service (I felt like I did a terrible job) and as soon as the service was over, I got in the car and came home. 

Once home, I changed into my comfy clothes  and crawled into my recliner. I slept almost all day and again through the night. Yesterday, I got up, was feeling somewhat better but I was still not “connected to the world” mentally. For one thing, I had lost a day and spent the day thinking it was Tuesday. I was even concerned and anxious because I felt like I was already running behind for the week in getting my “stuff” done. In fact, it wasn’t until last evening when I said something to Kate about us running the bulletins tomorrow and she said, “You do realize this is only Monday don’t you?” No, I did not.  

We usually go to bed somewhere between midnight and 0100. Last night I announced that I was headed to bed at 2330, kissed Ms. Kate goodnight and went to bed. I have no idea when she came to bed. I have no idea when she go up this morning. But, I woke up at 0930 this morning for the very first time all night. No middle of the night trip to the bathroom, no toss and turns, just dead sleep. This morning I feel great except for being hungry. I’m ready to throw on my clothes and get some outside work done and face the world. I give God praise for that. You know, —- I get sick so very seldom so this was just totally weird. It was like following yourself around the house and being two steps behind at all times. 

One of the first things I need to do today is refill the Backyard Buffet. It is empty and has been for a few days. Well, not totally empty but the guests are certainly having to work harder to get a meal. It’s so bad that I’m not sure what I have and don’t have for food. I know for sure that I need to go to Pet Food Supply and get a couple of bags of sunflower seed. I’ll be scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill the feeders today. I think I’m out of safflower seed and the cardinals love that so I need to check on my entire supply. I’ve been a bad host and my guests deserve better. 

So that is it for today. I’m alive and I feel alive. I hope you feel alive today too. If you do, takes in a couple of deep breaths and give God thanks for them. It’s a beautiful day. Peace. 






No comments:

Post a Comment