Sunday, December 8, 2019

Good morning! I don't usually write on a Sunday morning but I haven't written in a couple of days, and I actually have a Sunday morning free. No, I haven't forgotten what I urge other to do on Sunday and I've already done my meditation with the Lord for the morning.

It has been a great last couple of days with the exception that Ms. Kate has been been sick with her cold still. Yesterday she spent a good deal of he day in the room resting. But, she feels a bit better today, or at least she sounds a bit better.

Heather and John came over Friday morning and we had a wonderful day visiting with them. Lauren came over later in the evening after she got off of work, but she spent the night with with one of her MX racing grirlfriends. Yesterday morning Lauren joined us at our hotel and we all had breakfast together. After that, we all went up to our hotel room and we exchanged our Christmas gifts with one another. Then, Ms. Kate stayed in the room while the rest of us went to the Ballagio Hotel to see their as always beautiful Christmas display. From there I brought Lauren back to the hotel to pick up her van so she could head out to Primm for an awards ceremony and end of the racing season banquet. She was recognized for being second best in the country for the year.

After we dropped Lauren off, the three of us went down to the South Pointe Hotel so we could walk around the cowboy shops and displays and maybe watch a rodeo event ot two. The place was packed. No parking to be found and cowboys and cowgirls and "looky-loos" everywhere. We decided to skip it. Instead, we headed north on I-15 and went out to Nellis Air Force Base. John had never seen it or even been on an Air Force Base so it was a good adventure for hime. I was the Commander of the 99th Security Forces Group at Nellis twenty years ago. I can't believe it has been that long. We went to the Base Exchange and I picked up a couple of things that I was wanting and then we drove around the base and I showed John what the base looked like including where the USAF Thunderbirds are housed. He thouroughly enjoyed his "mini-tour".

Last night we had a nice dinner together and they went back to their room over at the Venetian and we went back up to our room here in the Palazzo.

Today it is cloudy and looks like it could rain most any time. I'm not sure what if any plans we might have for today. It will all depend on how Ms. Kate is doing.

That catches you up . I hope your day is pleasant and full of joy. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment