Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Wednesday, noonish or so. We’re still here in Las Vegas and it has been a good trip so far. The penny machines haven’t beat me up too badly because I set a limit of how much damage I’ll take each day. When I reach that point, I walk away. I know there are most likely people that would think it terrible of me to be “gambling” but I have a slightly different approach to that. I guess I don’t feel guilty about it because I do have a limit that I play. Slot machines are not designed to let the player be the consistent winner. Four billion dollar hotels aren’t built by the customer takin all of the money. Therefore, to me it is just the price of entertainment for an evening. Sometimes I’m lucky enough to walk away with being a little ahead but most of the time I pay my dues and have a good time and then head back to my room.  

We’ve been watching the Wrangler Finals Rodeo and tonight sister-in-law Karen and I will go. They hve been exciting so far. There are cowboys and cowgirls, or at least a lot of “want-a-be’s” everywhere you look this week. Some of these folks wear more bling and expensive clothes that probably cost more than my new car. Sheesh!! But it is interesting to see it all and be a part of it all.

Tomorrow, we’ll check out of our room around noon and head to the airport and wit for our plane to head home. We are supposed to fly at 1450 hrs and that will put us into Louisville, KY around 2130 hrs. The we get back to the grind and get ready for Christmas. We still have presents to send out, cards to send out, cookies to bake, and a tree to finish decorating. Plus we’ll have an extra worship service to do on Christmas Eve. After that, life will settle down a bit as we go through New Years and into 2020. I still have one sermon to finish and another to write before I move to the new parish. So, I don’t have a lot of time to waste because there are things I need to do to prepare for the new job.

That catches you up with what we are doing. It may be Friday before I write again. Until then, I pray you will have aa blessed couple of days. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment