Thursday, December 26, 2019

Christmas has come and Christmas has gone and so have Julie and Jim and the pups. Ms. kate and I are back to our “normal”, whatever that might be. What I ow is that it is quiet once again in the house. There is no hustle and bustle and pups needing to be let in or let back out. And blissfully, the Hallmark Channel sappy movie channel isn’t playing on the television. I think that channel played steady for the past four days. It’s okay but, every story is the exact same with just different characters, but not necessarily different actors. LOL But they are “feel good movies” and the scenery is always good. So, only fifty-one more weeks until they start playing those shows again.

Our Christmas Eve service went very well. The Chancel choir and the Bell choir did an excellent job, and the place was full. We got to the church about twenty five minutes before the service started and I had to park way in the back of the lot. It was wonderful!!! Lots of family and visitors were in attendance. I don’t know how many folks were there but I suspect we passed the 100 mark.

As is usual, —- Ms. Kate fixed an excellent Christmas lunch for us. The kids had complained at Thanksgiving that we had not fixed turkey so Ms. Kate was determined that we were going to have turkey for Christmas. She had turkey, gravy, sweet potatoes, hot rolls, corn, oyster dressing, freshly made cherry/rhubarb jelly for the rolls, and she even made an extra non-oyster dressing for Julie who doesn’t like oysters. We sent some home with the kids but we have a lot left for us to have for left-overs, for which I am glad. And, she did all of this while hobbling around on a very sore foot and using a cane. I helped her but I don’t get around as well as I used to so we looked like old people hobbling and wobbling around the kitchen. Today, I have to “put my leg on”. I didn’t wear my brace at all yesterday which was dumb on my part. Today I can tell it. By last evening, I was hunched over with my walking and that of course makes my back hurt. Yeh, nobody accuses me of being smart.

I don’t know what she did to her foot but it is swollen and very sore at the first joint where the big toe connects to the foot. She dropped something on it a few days ago and it has gotten more and more sore every day. So, we have a message in to our doctor and hopefully she can get in and have it evaluated today.

This morning, we are just lazing around here. Ms. Kate didn’t sleep all that well last night due to her foot so she is in her chair dozing on and off. We have talked bout maybe going to the movies today to see the new Star War’s movie. However, I don’t think she will be able to do the stairs in the theater, so maybe we’ll just stay home and hope the doctor’s office can work her in for an evaluation. The movie can wait until the hype all dies down and the kids are not on school vacation.

In the meantime, I’m headed to the shower and getting myself cleaned up. I hope your Christmas spirit last you all the way through 2020. Have a blessed day.


No comments:

Post a Comment