Saturday, December 21, 2019

Happy Saturday the 21st of December. It is a happy day for our family; we celebrate our youngest daughter’s birthday. I think it is her 48th. Gosh, in another couple of years, all of our daughters will be a half a century old! What does that make Ms. Kate and me —- Ancient??? Lisa though is our official “bringer of winter” since her birthday falls on the Winter Solstice. So, if you have cold nasty weather with snow and ice, you know who to look to. LOL

My backyard Buffet guests are fairly happy this morning. I filled the sunflower seed feeders yesterday afternoon and I also filled the safflower seed feeder so the cardinals should be very happy. There is a squirrel on each of two of the sunflower seed feeders and they will  hog those feeders for at least an hour and there will be squirrel battles as other squirrels try to move in. I didn’t fill the bark butter bits feeders because I knew they would be the target of the starlings all morning and right ow I have the starlings working on suet cakes. I told you I had a feeder that holds four suet cakes tha they were fighting over yesterday. Two of the cakes are completely gone by now and the other two are a lot smaller than they were. I bought two cases (24 packages) of suet yesterday. It a relatively cheap product to buy and the birds love it. It is a high energy food which is good for them in the winter. I also picked up a 20# bag of safflower seed because I could get it on sale. That will last me probably through January. Trying to keep up with my Backyard Buffett practically needs me to develop a spreadsheet of who like what and when to buy it. I filled up my sunflower seed can a couple of weeks ago and it is down about a fourth. I think I’ve told you I go through between 700 and 800 pounds of sunflower seed a year. My guests are completely spoiled but they return a lot of enjoyment for the cost of all of that.

Well, the country is still in turmoil as the Speaker of the House hasn’t sent the articles of impeachment over to the Senate for trial. And now everyone has gone home for Christmas vacation and won’t return for business until January 6th of 2020. I sometimes think I’d rather have a job cleaning outhouses with a spoon than to be a congressman. The product they put out is about the same but at least I would have honest work and I’d be doing the job I was actually hired to do. You know, I honesty believe that the vast majority of our elected officials go into the job with honest, well meaning intentions. But it doesn’t take long for the particanship, and quid pro-quo to set in and the ideals and morality get tossed aside and the only thing they seem to work for is their re-election. But enough of my thoughts on politics. I’m not nearly as informed as other people soI’ll just stick to whatI know —- Prayer and faith that God will not let us destroy ourselves or this wonderful country.

It’s time for a coffee refill. Y’all have a most wonderful weekend.  Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment