Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Happy Christmas Eve!!! It is going to be a warm and beautiful one around our neck of the woods. In fact we may even break a temperature record since it is supposed to go above sixty something degrees today. I love it even though it is far from normal.

We were expecting Julie and Jim here around lunch time today. They will be here until some time tomorrow afternoon They have to both work on the 26th so it makes for a short visit again. But, we’lll love every minute we get with them. But, I just got a text from them saying that she blew a tire and her spare is flat so they are waiting on road side assistance and then they need to go get a new tire. So at the moment we are conversing as to whether they are sitting along side the road and can I come get them or anything? Bless their hearts. This not the way to start a trip.

Today is Ms. Kate’s 72nd birthday. Every year that she has another birthday I give God thanks.  Back in 1993 she had two heart attacks and a double by-pass surgery. God granted us another 26 years together. Fifteen years ago she had a stroke that could easily have killed her but again God touched His healing hand on her and we have had fifteen years of blessings. So, I give God thanks every time she wakes up to another day. I can’t imagine my life without her. I can’t begin to imagine what my life would be like today had she not been with me all of these years. This year it was my turn and I took a fall that could have easily have killed me. But once again God stepped in and am alive and well to celebrate this birthday with her. God is the ultimate creator and sustainer of life. And, God has a master plan for each of us if we will just follow it. Obviously there are things that she and I individually and as a couple have yet to accomplish. So, Happy Birthday Ms. Kate. It is a blessing to be living and loving with you.

Tonight is our Christmas Eve candlelight and communion service. I hope it will be well attended. It is one of my favorite services of the year. And the weather will be perfect for folks to get out and about.
Of course that means that Christmas is tomorrow. I hope and pray that your Christmas will be fully blessed with the spirit of the Christ child. May God bless you and keep you. May God rest His countenance upon you throughout the coming year. Peace, Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment