Saturday, December 28, 2019

It is a cloudy 55 degree morning and the Backyard Buffet looked like a busy airport this morning. Of course the starlings have come in force but so has a flock of Robins, lots of finches, a few cardinals, and woodpeckers. Add to that squirrels and aa couple of rabbits out there too. What all of that tells me is that the weather is going to turn nasty and cold again. We have had about ten days of beautiful weather that isn’t even close to what our Decembers should be. But the rain (lots of it) is supposed to come in yet today trough tomorrow and then the cold weather starts gain new e get back to daily highs of hopefully at least forty degrees.

Ms. Kate’s foot isn’t any better and I think we have come to the conclusion that she has Gout. Gout is an arthritic condition that can come on suddenly and is extremely painful. I’ve only known a couple of people that have ever complained of gout but I remember that they were absolutely miserable. Of course it is a weekend and the doctor’s office is closed. So, we have cancelled any weekend plans that we may have planned and she will just sit here and take her Tylenol, and hopefully she can get in to see her doctor on Monday. She has been sleeping on the couch and in the chair because she can’t stand to have the foot up or to have the sheet touch the effected area. That is very typical of the gout symptoms.

We have the ingredients around here to make turkey noodle soup so I think I will try and put that together today. I am not a cook by any stretch of the imagination but with some good coaching and direction from Ms. Kate it should turn out fine. I love soups of most any kind and Ms. Kate makes soup better than anyone I know. Her best soups are generally ”cream” soups like clam chowder Nd asparagus soup etc. So, with me following her directions, we’ll give it a go and she wwon’t have to get on her feet.

I have my sermon all ready for tomorrow. It is hard to believe that I’m preaching my last sermon of 2019. I have three sermons to preach at my current church i January and then I move to the new parish I have already started working on my services and sermons for February. The big change is that now I preach every other Sunday and up there I’ll be preach every Sunday at two churches. It wil be aa lot more work. But, I love it and I volunteered for it. And God will get me through it if it is meant to be.

With that in mind, I’m gone for today. Have a blessed weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment