Friday, March 22, 2019

Friday morning and a pleasant one at that! It is fifty degrees and climbing up another seven or eight degrees today. It is wonderful to be sitting here at home doing what Ms. Kate and I normally do which is not a lot of anything first thing in the morning except be on our individual computers playing our silly games and listening to You Tube videos and me writing my blog. The thing missing is watching my birds because it is still difficult to get into the Sun Porch and I still don’t have my feeders filled. So, as I go by the window, I see there is not a lot happening out there. I might ask one of the kids next door to come over and fill my feeders for me. I’m betting little Ms. Hannah would do it in a heartbeat.

Looking forward to Jules and Jim coming over tomorrow. It will be great to see them. I haven’t seen Jules since the accident first happened and I was initially in the hospital. I thik she will be surprised at how well I’m getting around now. I haven’t seen Jim since before the accident. So, it will be great to see them, and the dogs too as long as they don’t decide to be my lap-dogs. I’m not ready for that.

Ms. Kate says she has some running around to do today and I’m trying to convince her to go do it and leave me here. I don’t think she trusts me to be here alone. LOL I’ve promised her I will behave myself and not do anything foolish. It would be good for her to get out and away from me for a bit and concentrate on just her for a few moments. But, I know what she is feeling. If the situation were reversed, I probably would be reluctant to leave her alone too. In fact I have been there and done that with her through a stroke, a knee replacement, two heart attacks and a double by-pass surgery. We two are certainly a matched pair.

I’m anxious to see what the CT Scan is going to show that I’m having on Monday. The spine is much better and I’m off of all of my pain medicines however, I still need my back brace. With out it I can certainly tell that I have had a injury. Putting it on in the morning just kind of pulls everything back into place. I’ll know what the prognosis is for that Wednesday afternoon. Wednesdaay morning I go to the Orthopedic Doctor for him to look at the tendon and check the progress there.

I’m looking forward to Sunday and getting back to the pulpit and seeing all of our church friends. MMy message this week is on “Being Grateful” because i have so much to be grateful for. I still shudder at the “could have been” possibilities.

That’s it for today. Have a blessed weekend. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment