Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Ahhh, Wednesday! Hump day so they say. I love the GEICO commercial with the camel walking through the office asking “Guess what day it is! Hump Day!” Yes, I’m easily amused.

Today is “THE” day for my appointment with my neurological surgeon. The appointment isn’t until 1600 and I wish it were earlier. I’m just anxious to know what he is going to do. My biggest fear is that he will say that we will just let it heal naturally. That means “X” number of weeks more of pain until it goes away. I am not looking forward to that. My research tells me the kyphoplasty procedure is the way to go. I reckon we will see what happens and pray for the best and pray that it can happen quickly.

It’s a great morning to be watching for barges out on the Ohio River. I’m amazed at how many barges do travel up and down that river. At night time I sit in the living room and watch them. They are all lit up and it really looks cool to see them as they float along and light up the banks of the river with their spotlights. We can hear them coming by the drone of their engines. They seem to go at least once an hour and often more like every twenty minutes.

Karen’s version of a Backyard Buffet remains active. The goofy Bluebird is still flying up and pecking at the windows. It starts at 0600 and goes all day on and off. Sometimes it switches windows. None of us can figure out why in the world it is doing that. She doesn’t get the variety of birds that I do but she has her fair share of cardinals and bluebirds and a couple of wrens. It is pleasant and I enjoy it.

I finished my sermon for the Sunday that I get to return to the pulpit. Hopefully it will be the 24th of March but only time will answer that question.

That’s it for today. I hope your week goes well and I pray you feel the presence of God in your life. I also want to thank you for your prayers on my behalf. I know they are helping. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment