Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Good morning and Happpy Tuesday. It’s the second day of a brand new week and I’m still at my sister-in-law’s house. My days have mainly been spent sitting around and watching the burgees go up and down the Ohio River, which you have to admit, isn’t a bad way to spend a day. I’m very grateful to her for putting up with us while we work our way through doctor’s appointments and stuff. We’ve tried to be good guests but I have to admit that we come with a lot of baggage and equipment just to get me around in the house.

Yesterday was a great day. I was able to get into my own house for a couple of hours and sit in my own recliner in my sunporch. I could only get into the sunroom but I told Ms. Kate that I felt 100% better just being able to do that. Neighbor Dan came over and visited for most of the time we were home which was great except I had hoped to take my nap in my recliner and that didn’t happen. Oh well.

I have two major doctor’s appointments this week. Tomorrow afternoon I meet with the neurosurgeon, Dr. Chou to determine what treatment will be done for my spine. I’m really hoping he will do kyphplasty on it. Everything I read tells me that is the remedy. I hope he doesn’t want to do fusion and don’t think he will because only one vertebrae is involved. The other option is to let it heal naturally with could involved three months of continued back pain. I’m not a fan of that option especially since kyphoplasty would relieve the pain immediately.

Friday I go to Deaconess Hospital again and. Dr. Richardson will do surgery on my Achille’s tendon and put it back together and reattached it to the heel. The surgery takes about seventy five minutes, then an hour in recovery, and then observation for another hour. I have to be there two and. Half hours before surgery so it is going to be a long day for Ms. Kate. Well, for me too but I’ll be in “la-la” land for a bunch of it. Once my surgery is over, my six to eight weeks of healing begins. This is just a long and slow process but, I must be patient. I just gve thanks to God that I am alive to go through the process.

My job today is to finish the sermon and develop the worship service for the 24th of March. That is the day I hope to be back in the pulpit and back to work. The sermon is half done. While I spend my day doing that, I hope you have a most wonderful day. God is alive and well and has provided a beautiful sunny morning to get my day off to a grand start. Peace my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment