Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Hello Wednesday. I hope you are going to be filled with good news from the two doctors I am going to see today. I have an appointment with my orthopedic doctor at 1045 and I think he is going to remove my stitches from the surgery and then I guess he will either put me in another soft cast or maybe he will go with a hard cast this time. I really don't know but --- what I do know is that I will be thrilled to have my current soft cast off for even a few minutes. It is driving me nuts. I need some air to the back of my leg and the stitches are rubbing. So even for a few minutes will feel great.

At 1430 I have an appointment with the neurosurgeon. I hope that at last he has a plan that he is prepared to share besides sending me for some more CT Scans and xrays. It has been five and a half weeks since the accident and so far nothing has been done by the doctor that promotes healing with the exception of putting me in a back brace. I guess that is proper protocal but it certainly doesn't give me, the patient, any confidence in a doctor I never met before the accident. We will see what happens I guess but if his answer is to wait for some more xrays --- I'm going to be honked off. If he thinks the best course of action is to just let it heal naturally, then just tell me. and we'll go with that.

Sunday I was blessed to be back in the pulpit giving the sermon. We placed a perfect height stool down in front of the chancel and a music stand for me to use as a pulpit. I wheeled up front on "Trigger", my kneerover. It all worked perfectly. It was so good to be back doing what I love. I'm preaching the next two Sundays as Pastor Art and Dixie head to Gulf Shores Alabama and their condo for some rest and relaxation. I have my sermons done for the next two weeks and am now working on the Maundy Thursday service. I also have three Bible studies to prepare for. Two of them will be our regular Wednesday morning Bible studies and the other will be for a Wednesday evening Lenten meal and Bible study. I'm think of doing that one on the last week of Jesus. It will be hard to cram that into 30 minutes so I'll have to tailor that way back somehow.

Time to head out to my first appointmnet and it takes me a bit to get into the car. I hope you have a fantastic week. I will catch you up tomorrow on what the doctors have to say. Wish me luck. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment