Thursday, March 14, 2019

Good morning on this cloudy, stormy, windy weather day. I hope you are in a place where you can be safe quickly if something bad comes your way. The entire country is under something callled a “bomb hurricane” I think and there will most likely be a series of tornados running rampant across America. So stay safe my friends.

Well, the day of the “big appointment” with the neurosurgeon came and went without much fanfare and a lot of disappointment. The doctor came in and told me that my last xrays showed that the compression in my lumbar vertebrae was worse than the first time they took the picture. I already know that because I had gotten the results through “My-Chart”. So, he has ordered a new CT Scan to see if the damage is continuing to progress or if there is maybe some bone chips in the area. Then I have a follow-up with him in two weeks. My interpretation is that he wants it to heal naturally if it can. This was not the news I was hoping to hear. I was really hoping that he would set a date and do a kyphoplasty injection and fix it. That might still happen but it won’t be any time soon. I was not a happy camper when I left his office. But —- I have since mellowed out about it and am not going to stress about it. I know I am getting stronger just by the improvement in my ability to move around. God will handle all of this and I know that. I just have to be patient.

Tomorrow is the surgery on my Achille’s Tendon. I’ll be glad to get there and have that done so the healing process can begin on that. For an injury that took micro-seconds to happen, the healing process sure seems to be and will be long and drawn out. My surgery isn’t until 1530 I and that means I can’t have anything to eat or drink after midnight tonight. Don’t they realiize thaat this man needs coffee??? Do you think they will bring me coffee in the recovery room??

No comments:

Post a Comment