Saturday, March 9, 2019

It is Saturday the 9th of March and this is the first day that I have really been active enough to feel like writing anything.

To catch you up, I left Deaconess/Encompass Health rehabilitation facility on Tuesday and came here to my sister-in-laws house in Newburgh, IN. Her house is much easier for me to get into although still a pain in the butt for all three of us. Wednesday morning we went for an MRI on my ankle to see the severity of the torn Achille's tendon. Unfortunately, the news wasn't good at all. The tendon is completely torn in two. Thursday I had an appointment with the Orthopedic Surgeon and he has scheduled surgery for repair of the tendon next Friday afternoon. My six -eight weeks of recovery time begins then. He said that I will possibly be able to walk on it in six weeks but to not count on it.

Next we address the compressed lumbar fracture. I still don't have an answer on that and won't see the neurosurgeon about that until Wednesday afternoon. I did have follow-up xrays on it yesterday and they showed that the compression had increased by 30-40% since the initial xray's were taken. Not a good scenario. There is a procedure that the surgeon could do called kyphoplasty where they insert a nedle with a balloon into the gap and open it back up and then inject a "cement" type filler in there to solidify it. From what I read, it takes about five minutes for that stuff to harden and I should be good as new. We'll see what he has to say.

My neighbor tells me that the Backyard Buffet is empty and has been for a few days. He sent me a video of the birds out there and I think the birds are organizing for a major riot in the near future. I hope it doesn't spill over into the neighborhood.

Karen has her own set of birds that shefeeds. Most notable are her bluebirds. She has a female bluebird that is just plain nuts. It spends its day sitting on the window sill and flying up and bumping into the window. I awoke this morning at 0600 by this bird bumping into the window. She has a couple of feeders and she feeds her bluebirds meal worms which they love. During the summer she has a lot of hummingbirds and they also will peck at her kitchen window letting her now the feeder is getting empty. Her house sits right on the Ohio River and it ios a beautiful scene out her livingroom up and down the river. I love to watch the barges come by.

I cannot close this without acknowledging the power of God's healing power. As bad as I was hurt, I am exponentially better than I was and am looking forward to getting the surgeries over with and the healing on the way. God is so good. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment