Thursday, March 21, 2019

Wow and good morning. It has been a week since I have been on and it has been a good week. I told you that we had gone t my sister-in-law Karen’s house for some of my recuperation. That went very well but I am glad to say that I am finally back in my own home now. Her haouse is great and easy to move round in and she was a very gracious hostess but “There’s no place like home.”

We bought a portable ramp for me to get in and out of the house from the sun porch. It works well but takes me a few moments to navigate. And I have learned to get in and out of the sun porch from the out side. Again, it takes not being in a hurry. I use “Trigger” which is what I call my knee scooter to get arounnd the house most of the time. I have my wheelchair but I use it just to get around in the kitchen and the family room. Our house has halls that are in reality too narrow to use the wheelchair and Trigger gets me there in good stead.

We have swappped beds and are sleeping in the guest room . Julie and Jim are coming down this weekend. I think Julie is coming down Friday evening and Jim is coming for a turn-around trip on Saturday to do a bunch of chores for Ms. Kate. If he has time, he will also take the snow blade off of the John Deere and put the mower deck on. But there are bunch of things that are stacking up that Ms. Kate needs help with. Jule’s primary mission from us is going to help get Kate back on line with her computer or take her and buy a new one. Then there are also documents down stairs that we need to get so we can do our taxes. The problem is that I only know where some of them are. If I were down there I could probably find them quickly but telling someone else where to find them isn’t easy.

I went to work yesterday! We had our weekly staff meeting and it was wonderful to be back there being involved. After the meeting, we went to the sanctuary to assess how hard it was going to be for me to preach on Sunday. What we found out was that it isn’t going to be difficult at all. One of our fellows has a really nice stool that he uses before the service when he is passing out bulletins. He is letting me use that and I can roll Trigger right up to it and take a seat. Where there is aa will, there is a way, and God haas God’s hand in this whole process. I’m preaching the next three Sundays and Art and Dixie are going to go on vacation for awhile. I’ll have extra Bible studies to work on and a meeting or two but it is so wonderful to be back.

The bird feeders are all empty and yet the birds keep coming back looking for food. Maybe by Saturday it will be warm enough to get Trigger outside and I can fill some feeders.

That is it for today. It is great to be back with you. Thanks for your prayers as I continue to go through this. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment