Monday, March 4, 2019

Monday morning, March 4th. Today is my last day here in rehabilitation and I’m so very happy to be heading home tomorrow. I can hardly believe the improvement in my condition in the two weeks that I have been in here. This morning my Occupational Therapy consisted of having me do a routine
morning  preparations including shower, shaving myself, brushing my teeth and dressing myself to include putting my two braces off and on by myself. It all went well. Two weeks ago, I couldn’t raise myself off of the bed and now I’m ready to take on the world. That my friends is the power of an Almighty God. There are those that would probably (wrongly) argue that God didn’t reach down and “make me bettter”. However, God did create a body that is capable of healing itself if we do our part by proper exercise, rest, and determination. No, we don’t always return to brand new condition but we can as a minimum return to a state that is tolerable. I have no doubt that in a few weeks, I’ll be well enough to do most of the things I want to do, and my reminder will be a new location for arthritis to bug me at some point.

I’m told it is nine degrees outside. Winter is holding on for dear life. I’m offering up prayers for the families of the 24 people killed in the tornado outbreak yesterday in the south.

Signing off now because I’m going to wheel myself down to Physical Therapy. I pray you will have a blessed day. May Day has already been blessed. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment