Thursday, November 1, 2018

It is the first day of November; only 55 days until Christmas. And — it is only 51 days until winter. But today is definitely a “fall day”. It is still raining but is supposed to stop around noon so the forecast says. The high today will be fifty degrees. So, wet and chilly are the watch words for the day.  It is just as well, I have a sermon to wwwrite and if it were nice outside, I mght be tempted to be out there instead of being inside getting some work done.

We had zero Halloween trick or treaters last night. It was rainy on and off all evening, nad smart parents kept their kids inside instead of letting them be out and running around catching a cold for the sake of a few pennies worth of candy. But, I guess it mans I might as well put the costume back in the storage room for another year.

I’m blessed with cardinals and woodpeckers, and finches this morning as my main guests. one squirrel came down off of the roof a few minutes ago but went on back up the tree. I did get to Wold Birds Unlimited the other day and bought some more bark butter bits, and bark butter paste. As soon as it quits raining today I will fill the bark butter bits feeders. I also bought some suet balls that are loaded with hot pepper to keep the squirrels from eating them. Of course mt squirrels are most likely undocumented aliens and love hot food. That would be my luck. LOL I was also looking to buy a new fancy feeder from them but they had sold the one they had and I couldn’t truly remember what it looked like. I described it to them and they said that the one I was describing had sold in two days but they have another one on order. I have asked the to call me when they get it in so I can take a look at it. Ms. Kate told me to buy it as her Christmas present to me. $300.00 is a lot to pay for a feeder set up but it has a lifetime guarantee and is beautiful. I have the perfect place to put it that I think will keep the squirrels off of it; if that is even possible. It will take some work to prep the place first. I need to go to Lowes and pick up a treated 4 X 4, some gravel, and some quickcrete to plant it.

Speaking of Christmas, Ms. Kate wants me to help her get the Christmaas presents bought for the kids  this week.  We pretty well know what each one wants or needs. Life sure changes when the grandkids get to be adults. It gets harder to shop for them all the time.

Tomorrow I have my MRI for my shoulder. I’ll sure be glad to find out what is wrong with it. I’m out of guesses because I haven’t fallen or anything like that to injure it. Butit hurts like it did when I injured it a few years ago and had to have it operated on and it is the same shoulder. I’m figuring at this point it is most likely arthritis, but hopefully the MRI will tell.

OK, time to get busy. Hav a blessed day! Hopefully I’ll see ya’ tomorrow. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment