Saturday, November 10, 2018

Good morning on this 10th of November. Tomorrow is Veteran’s Day and the Facebook is full of well wishes and gratitude honoring our veterans. I’m always proud to be a veteran. I have served with some wonderful people over the years and yes, some folks that I’d as soon forget, but they are veterans too and so I salute them too. Fifty three years ago today I left home to join thee USAF and went to Lackland AFB for basic training. The USAF was only fourteen years old when I joined. They changes I the force and the mission is drastic and dramatic. The weaponry and the atmosphere has changed and so has the attitude toward service. But the Air Force is a leader in the best of the best when it comes to a professional fighting force. It provided a great career for me and a good living for my family. Now, it provides a wonderful retirement for Ms. Kate and me. Win, win, win.

I’m waiting on my grandson Jon to get here and then we re going for lunch somewhere.  We got here to Heather’s house yesterday afternoon and Jon had to work late. Then he went to his dad’s house for the night since Jon’s place of work is much closer than coming up here to his mom’s house. Jon is bringing his girlfriend to meet us.  — I told Ms. Kate that it must be serious if he is bringing her to “meet the grandparents”. LOL

Thre are terrible fires burning north of Los Angeles. Several people have died and at least 150 homes had been destroyed as of last night. I have not heard the news yet today, but as of last night the fires were zero percent contained. I feel so very sorry for all of those affected. This is the second round of disastrous fire that California has suffered this year. These fire are being driven by high winds and dry brush. We came through some really heavy winds on the way over here yesterday. It t happens this way often here in Southern California.

OK, Jon should be here any moment so I’m jumping off. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment