Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving! A morning of cooking has been completed by Ms. Kate and I helped some although I was probably in the way more than I helped. Then we sat down, were thankful for our world of blessings and then over indulged ourselves on the bounty of goodness that Ms. ate had put on our table. The good thing is that there are plenty of leftovers for supper and will also be pilgrim sandwiches tomorrow. Now, the gang is all down for the count and are taking naps. But I have etoadmit thatIcan’t help but feel some guilt because on my mind today are all of the people have lost homes this year to natural disasters such as hurricanes and fires. Thousands of people have been displaced and I’m quite sure each of them was counting on a wonderful Thanksgiving in their home his year instead if food in a styrofoam takeout tray from a shelter somewhere. So I pray God has looked out for them and they have found something to be thankful for.

Jime did make it over last evening after he got off of work. I’m hoping he will give me a hand afterwhile so I can get the new bird feeder put up and filled. From the looks of it, I need to be filling up some other feeders too. I think I’m also going to have to go get another 80 pounds of sunflower feed for them. My can is half full and by the time I fall up the new feeder and the other feeders, I’ll be just about out.

Well, the pups are up and running around in the house. That tells me that everyone else is starting to move around too. So, I’ll sign off.  I hope your day id truly blessed and that you find all kinds of things to be thankful for today. If you can’t find anything by looking around —- try looking up. God loves you and there is no better thing to be thankful for. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment