Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Change of plans, change of plans. We are back in Las Vegas this orning. We decided that if we waited to get up first thing this morning and then drive over here in time to turn in our rental car and then get over to the airport,  that we wouldn’t sleep very well anyway, so —- we decided to come on over to Vegas yesterday afternoon and stay. We booked a room through Priceline at the Rio Hotel & Suites which is a hotel we use anyway and it is alright. However, I will say that the buffet here has really gone down hill choice and flavor wise and up in price. At one time there were about a dozen stations with all kinds of food and a great salad bar. Now, the price is up to $37.00 a person, and you basically have a choice of Mexican, Asian, or BBQ and a selection of tasteless desserts. Of course since it is a buffet one must serve themselves including getting your own drinks. Then they have the audacity to “suggest” as much as an $11.00 tip!! For what? All they did was take me to a table and take dishes away as you empty them. Scheesh!

It is a beautful morning here in Vegas but forty two degrees which is better than the thirty one with snow flakes back home. We will land late tonight in Nashville and then make the three-hour drive home which should put us at home around one thirty in the morning. That is going to make for a long day. But, I’m not going to go to work tomorrow. However, I have a funeral to plan for as soon as I get home. The mother of our secretary has passed and the funeral will be Monday morning. Art will put the service together and do the eulogy and I will do the sermon. So, depending on how I feel in the morning, maybe I will go in for a while. He has been kept very busy while I’m on vacation. He had a funeral late last week, had the service all to himself on Sunday, the council meeting last night, a hospital visit this morning for a fellow having heart surgery, and then start working on the funeral.

We have had a good trip but I’m glad that we’ll be off of the road for awhile. I have enough stuff to do for this season and from the looks of it, our winter weather is setting in. It is no secret how I feel about winter. If I never saw a day below thirty two degrees or another snow flake in my life —- I would consider that a win! But I am only half of the equation and Ms. Kate wouldn’t move even if the house burned down. And there is the fact that Julie did move to Indiana to be relatively close to us. So, I guess winter will continue to be a factor in my life for the rest of my life. And actually, there is no place that we could move that doesn’t have some kind of either weather issues or traffic isssues or something.

That is it for today. I hope you have a great day. I’ll see you in the sunporch. Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment