Saturday, November 24, 2018

Happy Saturday! It is a grey morning but not too cold. In fact it is supposed to go up to almost sixty degrees today which will be nice. We had some showers last night and they might return off and on today but I hope not. Jim and Julie are going to be taking that dining room table home today and we don’t want it to get wet. He bought a couple of tarps yesterday to cover it with for the trip home so that should keep it dry.

We had a busy Friday around here and I got some of my “chores” done. Jim and I finished putting together the yard sweeper that they bought me and I used it on the back yard. It works pretty well. The thing I have to do now is rake out the flowerbeds and then run it again. But, the leaves are all off of my trees now. I may have to take it over to Dan’s house when his Maple decides to finally drop its leaves.

We got the Christmas tree put up yesterday. It isn’t decorated or anything yet. BUt Jime carried it up for me and I put it together. I’ve told Ms. Kate that I’ll carry anything up that she wants for Christma this year. The last three years or so, we just used the ornaments that are from Sam’s and while they are nice, Ms. Kate has so many ornaments that she has made or bought that are special to her and we haven’t used them because they are “put away” in a hard to get to spot. And it’s only hard to get to because we have too much stuff around here. So, to get to the Christmas stuff, I have to move a ton of stuff. Then four weeks later I have to take it all back down and put it away again. But what the heck, it will make her happy.

The sun is trying to poke through the clouds and that will make life look a bit bright er out there I the Back yard Buffet. I still haven’t seen anything use the new feeder. It always take a few days for them to find it, and figure out what a new feeder is. They certainly have favorite feeders that they all go to. My critters are not much different than human beings sometimes. This morning my guests are mostly the small birds; woodpeckers, finches, wrens, junkos and sparrows. And, — I have two squirrels out there too. So, I’m just sitting here watching life go on, listening to some Alan Jackson and having my coffee. Life is just too good. I hope your life is good this morning. Take time to give thanks to God from whom all of your blessings come. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment