Sunday, November 11, 2018

Good morning and “Happy” Veteran’s Day. I guess it iss proper to say “happpy” Veterans Day.  I’m never quite sure. I think though that we are more correct than if we said Happy Memoriaal Day when that comes around. At least today we are celebrating all of those who have served and lived to tell about it.

We are still at Heather’s house and will be here until Tuesday Morning bright and early. Grandson Jon is here with us and the rest of them are returning from San Diego at some time this morning. Yesterday we took Jon and his very sweet girlfriend, Kailyn, out for lunch and then did a little geocaching because Jon always wants to go geocaching when he is with Papa. We took time to find three but then Jon had to get his girlfriend back home because she had to babysit younger siblings. He stayed there for quite awhile (as I would have expected hi to do) and then last evening he and I went out for pizza and Ms. Kate stayed home. It was a good bonding evening with him. He reminds me of a former television character called Alex Keaton with his business say, always looking to find a way to make money, and a die-hard Republican. he certainly doesn’t fit the stereotype of so many of the kids his age these days. He will graduate high-school in June and plans to go to Paloma’s Community College to study movie industry stuff. Then he will probably finish up with a bachelor’s degree. I see a bright future for him as long as he keeps his he’d and doesn’t get in some kind of “quick-money” scheme. The boy does have a streak of “huckster” in him and always has had.

This afternoon Ms. Kate and I will go to the reunion that was the origin of this trip. It will be good to see some of the guys that I knew “back when”. Altough they had a picnic yesterday afternoon and took photos and posted them and I hardly recognized any of them.  We all change with age, and this is a reunion of anyone thaat was stationed at March AFB and was a Security Policeman so there are people I have never met. I was the commander of the unit from 1992-94.

I still have not taken the time to go out and sit in that wonderful patio/outdoor kitchen lounging area that Heather and John have. It is my favorite part of their place. So I think it is time for me to shower and get ready for the day and take Mr. Stephen King and go sit outside.

I hope you have a most blessed day. Don’t forget to take time too thank a loved one or friend that has served our country through military service. The fact that you are reading this in a free country is in some part through their sacrifice. Peace my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment